What is an Autoresponder in Email Marketing and How Does it Work
An email autoresponder is a computer program or service that can automatically answer e-mails sent to it and can also be used to deliver a series of emails to subscribers. Autoresponders can either be very simple or sometimes quite complex depending upon where and for what purpose it is used.
How to Set Up and Use Email Autoresponder
There are five steps to set up email autoresponders –
- Set up an email list.
- Add your first email.
- Create your first message (welcome letter and campaign goals).
- Create further emails (sequence of emails based on your goals).
- Promote your email list.
What Not to do when Emailing your List
- Do not email multiple times a day. It really pisses off people.
- Do not share irrelevant content. There are high chances of people unsubscribing from your list if you do so.
- Do not spam your emails with advertisements and affiliate links all over. Instead share some useful content which are educational and interesting.
This Infographic is powered by GetResponse, an all in one marketing platform to grow your business. They offer complete email and webinar marketing solutions, list-building programs, high-converting landing page creators and marketing automation services.
GetResponse is being used be more than 350,000 happy customers and is featured in major online publications such as The Huffington Post, Mashable, Technorati, Forbes, etc. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and create you FREE email marketing account on GetResponse (no credit card required).