Why You Should Use A CDN
Before continuing to read this article, you may want to read my post on why everyone needs a content delivery network (CDN) for their site.
Introduction To KeyCDN
Though KeyCDN is a relatively new CDN service provider, their services are sometimes better than the top guns in this industry. KeyCDN is a simple, fast and reliable real-time content delivery network built to last with HTTP/2 support.
Among all the top CDN providers, they have the lowest price globally at $0.04/GB, over twenty-five point of presence (POP), free origin shield, secure token and SSL certificates (via Let’s Encrypt integration), RESTful API integration, real-time analytics and much more. They are also one of the first CDN providers to support HTTP/2. Moreover, they care about WordPress users by providing them with their own free plugins.
What are the Benefits of using KeyCDN as your Content Delivery Network
- Your website will load faster as the data is stored in nearly every data center around the world. This will not only reduce the latency but also minimizes packet loss.
- Scaling your website is just a piece of cake when you’re with KeyCDN. It simply allows you to offload and handle all the traffic to their network.
- KeyCDN comes with industry-leading encryption standards and makes it easy for you to set up and configure security settings, which can be deployed globally within minutes.
- All visitors request to your website are automatically routed to the nearest available location where the data center is present.
— Antony Agnel (@thewpfan) March 19, 2017
- KeyCDN also allows you to use their content delivery network not just for websites, but also for podcasts, software, videos, games, etc.
- You can cut down your costs significantly when compared to traditional hosts and content delivery networks such as MaxCDN, Amazon CloudFront, etc.
- Since now when you are using KeyCDN your page speed will be higher, people will love visiting your website and search engines such as Google and Bing will rank your content higher than your competitors.
What are the Features of KeyCDN
- KeyCDN comes with a pay as you go pricing along with full control over your assets using their powerful management dashboard and RESTful API.
- Moreover, they are focused on high performance, customized TCP stack and highly optimized IP Anycast and geolocation routing.
- All requests are routed to the nearest available POP (point of presence) while providing industry-leading encryption standards and two-factor authentication.
- It also allows you to boost your content using Pull or Push Zone and deliver your assets super fast on any device.
- Their edge servers ‘pull’ the static content from your server with a Pull Zone in order to cache it and serve it accelerated from their edge servers. But if you prefer to upload your assets to KeyCDN, a Push Zone is the right choice for you.
- General featured of KeyCDN include GZip compression, custom expires header, custom rules, cross-origin resource sharing, HPACK compression, real-time raw log forwarding, etc.
- Security features of KeyCDN include hotlink protection, shared SSL, bad bots blocking, secure token, custom SSL, OCSP stapling, DDoS protection, etc.
- Pull and Push features include origin shield, FTP sub-users, override origin cache-control headers, content synchronization with rsync, origin expires headers override, cookie stripping, directory index enabling, custom robots.txt, Brotli compressed assets caching, query strings caching, etc.
- KeyCDN can also be easily integrated with various content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, PrestaShop, etc.
If you are using WordPress, follow the instructions in the below video to enable KeyCDN –
- Enabling CDN for developer frameworks such as Rails, Laravel, Symfony, Zend Framework, etc is also possible using the details guides available on their site.
Thus I hope you found this KeyCDN review really helpful. If you are looking for an excellent CDN provider with affordable and flexible prices, then do yourself a favor and give KeyCDN a try [FREE Trial].
Moreover, if you use the above link to sign-up, you will get $10 in free KeyCDN credits along with that free trial. Now, how awesome is that!